F15 appearance/fonts

Christoph Frieben christoph.frieben at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 10 06:56:37 UTC 2011

2011/3/10 Mike Chambers:
> This may have been discussed, but are the fonts and/or appearance of the
> apps that run gonna be changed or get better?  Just seems the fonts are
> not even close to what F14 looks like.  Seem dull, not to bright, and
> not real thick either.

The Cantarell desktop font seems to be skinnier than its predecessor
and the byte code interpreter now enabled in the freetype package also
has some influence.
Moreover, the text colour is some shade of grey instead of black, thus
in order to increase the contrast I have changed some values in (a
local copy of) /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-3.0/gtk.css, namely:

@define-color text_color #000000; /* #2e3436; */
@define-color fg_color #000000; /* #2e3436; */

You may want to edit some other parameters but I found these two sufficient. ~C