On making a proper kernel for gnome-shell

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 19:05:46 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 09:34 -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> So I'm still trying to find my way into this gnome-shell 3D world.  In the
> process, I'm running into display corruption on my Intel Q35-based
> system.  I'd like to try to track it down; in particular, I'd like to
> figure out if the problem exists in the mainline kernel so I can report it
> right to the source, preferably with a bisection.

Your theory here is sound, but in practice, Fedora is very close to
upstream for graphics, both in terms of the code and the developers
involved. You could probably report this upstream based on the Fedora
kernel and Jesse (upstream maintainer) would take a look at it. Ajax,
I'm right on this, aren't I?