F-15 Alpha + Updates

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sat Mar 12 17:23:50 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 18:12 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 07:03:52 -0600, Mike wrote:
>
> > After updates yesterday it seemed couple times I only got a background
> > image but no borders/activites/nothing.  Logged in and out few times and
> > then finally got it back and so far so good.  Now booting and getting
> > stuck a long time currently happens, but have to investigate that lil
> > more.
>
> This happens for the first login after a reboot. The blue curtain appears,
> and then it takes 40-60 (?) seconds for the remaining features to appear.

See how it gets later on in the release.  I'm trying out KDE again and
think I"m really really really liking it a whole lot better than
gnome-shell at the moment.  Least they have widgets and what not for
weather/clocks/etc and away to configure things without having to go
CLI.

Good job KDE..lookin good.

--
Mike Chambers