Why X personal settings affect keyrings?

Luigi Votta lewis41 at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 14 14:36:46 UTC 2011

Hello,
I've a question about GNOME and GNOME 3 in particular.
I've tried to change some background settings after which the desktop
becomes unusable even after reboot. So after investigation I've found
that deleting the .gnome2 dir cotaining only the login.keyrings and
user.keyrings (it was a fresh created user) the desktop regularly
restores.
Can someone explain me please why this personal X settings affects the
keyring system? (Or, what contain those binary files?) Another symptom:
if I log out from the freezed desktop with Ctrl-Alt+Del and login into
another user session, X falls back; I need to reboot to have again the
gnome-shell.

Thank you
Luigi