how to replace gnome-shell with a different window manager?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Mar 14 21:11:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 15:51 -0400, James Ralston wrote:
> I've spent a few hours playing around with gnome-shell under F15 Alpha
> on my laptop, and I'm throwing in the towel.  It's an interesting
> idea, and hopefully it will continue to improve, but it's clearly not
> for me.
>
> How to I tell GNOME (or, more specifically, gnome-session) to run
> /usr/bin/sawfish as my window manager, instead of
> /usr/bin/gnome-shell?

Agreed as well James, and I've switched over to trying out KDE at the
moment (just do another F15 install with KDE as desktop) before going
gold.  Liking it a lot better than gnome in present state.  Can still
use some of the gnome stuff, like evolution as well.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"