Proposed must-have Features for Nitrate compared with Wiki

He Rui rhe at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 07:00:04 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 16:23 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 17:06 +0800, He Rui wrote:
> > <snip>

> > > Oh I see.  My initial thought is this might be more of a nice-to-have
> > > feature, and possibly out of scope for the initial effort.  Either way,
> > > I would say not a MUSTHAVE requirement.  To me, anything content related
> > > should be left to the wiki ... the wiki does an outstanding job in this
> > > regard.  Anything related to test cases and test results, should be
> > > managed by nitrate (or something similar).
> >
> > I see. Today I talked with TCMS members, they said they could support
> > TinyMCE syntax editing to the 'Notes' area. Therefore we can either
> > achieve this by a link to wiki or edit it in 'Notes' field.
>
> Okay
>
> > <snip>
> >
> > Correction. Testers have not only read and write any case/run/plan
> > permission but also site/management administrations. Admin has
> > Authentication permission besides what testers have.
> >
> > > Should we add this to the musthave requirements list.  Support for
> > > anonymous read/write *and* FAS integration?
> >
> > Sure, I've written them down.
>
> Thanks

> > > Yeah, probably.  I can see the case for warn, but warn really just means
> > > the test passed, but bugs were discovered during execution of the test
> > > but did not impact the outcome of the test.
> >
> > Yeah, then let's add another 'warn' status?
>
> In my opinion, that can be a nice-to-have feature, but not a
> requirement.  Unless I'm wrong, we use WARN to note that the test
> passed, but other bugs were discovered while executing the test.  That
> same information can be supplied in nitrate by marking the test PASS,
> and linking to additional bugs filed.  Seems like we can convey the same
> information without adding a new STATE.

Okay, that makes sense. Will see if there's any problem when using it in
a pilot instance.

> > <snip>
> > > Oh, how does nitrate designate the site admin and test run admins?
> >
> > So far there are two user groups: admin and tester. Both of them have
> > the permission for site admin and test run admins.
>
> Okay, that works.  It sounds like admin and tester have the same
>
> > > Are
> > > they single persons, or is it a user group (aka FAS group)?  I think
> > > we'll want to ability to designate multiple (but few) site admins
> > > (SHOULDHAVE), and need the ability to have multiple admins for test runs
> > > (MUSTHAVE).  If it only supports one user being listed as the
> > > administrator, we'll want to review what types of tasks that restricts
> > > (add tests to the run, new runs etc...).
> >
> > I was told that they are working on multiple site admins and multiple
> > admins for different groups by trying to integrate with another system
> > which is not open source. The TCMS members informed the FAS system are
> > investigating it.
>
> Okay.
>
> > <snip>

> > > Yes please.  Apologies if that was already listed, I may have missed it.
> >
> > It's listed.
>
> I see it now, thanks!

Based on the discussion, I've updated the requirement page[1] with
solution field added. When these requirements are filed to bugzilla, I
will add bug no. to each one for tracking.

Thanks,
Hurry

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tcms_feature_requirements

--