problems with sub dirs being deleted in /var/run

Brian Millett bmillett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:08:31 UTC 2011

I've yum updated from f14 to f15 and there is a problem I've ran into
with /var/run.  In particular, mysql will not start if I have

pidfile = /var/run/mysql/mysqld

the /var/run/mysql directory is deleated each time I reboot.

Also, apache httpd will not start as I've also included mod_mono and it
is looking for /var/run/mod_mono to store information
and /var/run/mon_mono gets deleted each reboot.

Strange as /var/run/mod_fcgid is not deleted.
--
Brian Millett - [ Ivanova and Delenn, "Legacies"]
"Apparently, non-human minds can cause a problem for someone who isn't