Speech Recognition Software Being Tested For Fedora 15?

Bob Cochran bcochran13 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 15 21:06:46 UTC 2011

On 03/15/2011 01:16 AM, John Watzke wrote:

>     More basic question, is there any speech recognition software for
>     Linux?
>

>    There's several somewhat experimental packages in the general Linux
> community.  I don't really use any but I assume there are few in
> Fedora repos you can test out.
>
>    -- John Watzke

Fedora offers cmusphinx and pocketsphinx. I was asking whether they are
being tested for Fedora 15 because I want to learn about the packages
and software capabilities and perhaps make use of them for my own
purposes -- I'm deaf and have an interest in the software, but no
expertise with it whatsoever. I got a big jolt yesterday when one of my
own customers demonstrated Dragon Naturally Speaking software to me.
Now, I'm interested in voice-to-text processing for sure!

 From Fedora 14:

[bob at 57 ~]$ yum list *sphinx*
[..]
Available Packages