Proposed release criteria revisions

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 10:58:26 UTC 2011

On 03/17/2011 08:16 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Alpha: Actually account for firstboot, which we completely ignored until
> now. The criterion about 'booting to a working desktop' was split into
> two and now covers firstboot. I also explicitly called out encryption
> here, and tweaked the language about 'user intervention' to 'unintended
> user intervention'.

I think we should continue to ignore it along with not depending alpha
on a working graphical desktop or in more current terms graphical.target
of any kind

Alpha criteria should only be built around...

Install ( Criteria that matches Anaconda or any other installer we might
have )
boot into multiuser.target
Working network.target ( criteria that can fit any network application )
1 working language ( US UTF-8 ) with sane password support ( not
supporting some password craziness like triple tab entry's and what not.

We seem to be more and more starting migrating Alpha into Beta criteria
Alpha != Beta

Reporters should expect various things not working in alpha such is the
nature of the rawhide beast..

Just my 2 cents

JBG