Proposed release criteria revisions

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:14:41 UTC 2011

On 03/18/2011 02:27 PM, James Laska wrote:
>> I disagree with this. A lot of what we want tested needs a graphical desktop.
>> >  If we were to ship an Alpha without a working desktop, we wouldn't get much
>> >  feedback (other than that the desktop doesn't work).

That's mostly cause we are working on outdated thoughts and dreams of
the project which the project and the community has outgrown long time
ago by shipping an "Default" in any shape or form .( From my perspective )

So I can get a bit on the page what is the feedback you general expect
surrounding alpha and from whom?
( Rawhide users/reporters should know it's broken in the first place and
provide feedback )

Shipping "Alpha/Beta" is only a marketing gimmick anyway and it outdated
the day we finally ship that stuff..

> I agree with Bruno.  The suggestion conflicts with one of the stated
> objectives of the Alpha, "Test accepted features of Fedora 15" as this
> would prevent testing of any desktop-related features.

If I'm not mistaken the the feature process entirely optional so tying
the "testing" of features into our release cycle so closely does not
make any sense to be perhaps someone is willing to refresh my memory by
explaining it to me why we did that in the first place?

> That said, if we ever have SIG-specific criteria, the proposed change
> would be perfectly suitable criteria for the Server-SIG.

It is time for us ( QA  ) to get more in times with the evolution of the
project and start considering SIG specific criteria or better yet a
solution more consistent with and built upon other things we have been
working like critical-path.

JBG