Proposed release criteria revisions

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:09:20 UTC 2011

On 03/18/2011 03:52 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I'd like to see some spelled out criteria for determining which spins can block
> a release, I don't think all spins being able to block a release is a good
> idea, with the way spins are handled now. Personally I'd like to see criteria
> that allows KDE to block releases. But beyond that, I think the other spins
> impact is low enough, that other options are better than blocking a release.

KDE only is allowed to block a release due to historical reasons and it
would be intersting to see by which criteria you are going to implement
to determine which spin gets to block a release and which not.

Personally I feel that everything should get an equal treatment within
the community hence we should have a process that treats each spin
equally thus we should either focus on what ever is currently
implemented as an "Default" or all spins need to meet the release
criteria before a final release.

JBG