Proposed release criteria revisions

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 19:11:08 UTC 2011

On 03/18/2011 06:28 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 17:17 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>>> This also applies to the question of which spins block the release.
>>> That's not something that is defined in the criteria, or that should be.
>>> It's an issue for the Board and the Spins SIG, which have been
>>> discussing it lately, including at FUDCon.
>> This is something that is not on the hands of the Board or the Spins
>> SIG but something that the QA community should decide.
> I disagree. I don't see anything in the structure of Fedora project
> which gives us the power to decide which spins block release. That's a
> policy issue, as I see it.

I would think that QA handles QA related matters after all we are
ultimately responsible if corrupted bits are pushed out in the hands
user if that happens that means something went wrong in our process.

Of course those decisions should be made in collaboration with the
various groups in the community if/when needed.

> (Certainly other groups feel this is not our choice to make; when I
> proposed having the LXDE and Xfce spins block the release, this
> eventually didn't happen based on feedback from other groups,
> particularly releng).

Given that those groups decide whether or not those two spins ( and most
likely any other ) could block a release or not they must have already a
well defined criteria for what is considered for a spin to block a
release did they happen to mention point to a wikipage for that ( saves
the trouble of us coming up with one. )

JBG