problem in F15 with booting into some runlevel (s and 3)

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Fri Mar 18 20:48:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Joachim Backes wrote:

> Hi, somebody has been successful in booting into runlevel s (=1) or 3?
>
> I tried this by adding a "s" or "3" into the grub boot line (as sucessfully
> in previous Fedora versions), the system hangs up after the kernel booted,
> obviously if the desired bootlevel seems to be ready.
>
> Same problem if I try "init 3" or "init 1" or "systemctl rescue" from a tty,
> if the system runs in level 5.

I have a different problem of same kind - my inittab is booting to
runlevel 3, but using (tel)init does not switch me to 5 or anything else.

Even thou I have runlevel 3 systemd is writing during bootup it is
"Starting Display Manager".

Also my network is not started up after boot with systemd (I am not using
network manager). Any attempt to run /etc/init.d/network start says
systemctl failed. After hand starting network is somehow started as
dhclient is up, but systemctl status network.service says it is failing.

This is F14->F15 update as of today.

> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

Adam Pribyl