optimizing systemd, was: f15 no longer starts

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 18:41:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

2011/3/20 Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com>:
> On 03/20/2011 01:57 AM, cornel panceac wrote:
>>

>> indeed, yum downgrade rsyslog fixed it. can systemd be configured in
>> such a way that not so important services are not preventing the system
>> to work properly?
>>

>  Agreed - logging failure probably should not prevent the system from
> starting .. that sounds not right to me.

Perhaps the problem is that most systemd services requires to start
them when rsyslog is running
After=syslog.target

This should be fixed somehow - there should be a way to tell systemd
that service B isn't critical to start service A and service A can be
started after some time if service B refuses to start.

Maybe it is possible, but I can not find anything like this in
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd.unit.html

--
Best regards,
Michal