optimizing systemd, was: f15 no longer starts

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 19:54:24 UTC 2011

Adam Williamson wrote:

>> A possible solution would be to have both updates and updates-testing
>> repos for all fedoras, even the not yet released branched fedora.
>
> Erm. We already do exactly this

I must have missed that. I just checked, and sure enough, fedora-updates does
indeed exist for f15. When my system automatically metamorphosed from rawhide
into f15, updates-testing was automatically enabled, while fedora-updates
remained disabled. At that time (roughly at f15 alpha test candidate 1), I did
try to enable the updates repo manually, but yum balked, claiming that there
was no such repo. I had presumed that only updates-testing would be provided
for f15 until the final release of f15.

Thanks for the heads up!