blank screen but works...

Rob Healey robhealey1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 07:05:17 UTC 2011

Good evening:

I would like to report that I am having a new problem for me at least!

I did a new install of F15-Alpha-Live x86_64 Gnome and once the install was
complete, I rebooted...

I get a black screen with the gnome shell panel bars.  I can get into my
activities/ windows screen, but it is completely black as well!  I can get
into the applications, but if they are a black item, it is not shown...

For example in my Favorites, I have Firefox and gnome-terminal...
I can see firefox, but terminal icon is invisible...  If I take my mouse to
where terminal is suppsoe to and click, it will start the terminal
program...

It is just a minor visual issue, but it is very important as I am legally
blind and I need to be able to see...

--
Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

"Always surround yourself with people that inspire you to
greatness!"