A broken link after brutal power-off?

Luigi Votta lewis41 at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 22 13:43:46 UTC 2011

Hi all,
today after the updates I get a blank screen and some missing icons as
already reported here by other people. So i decided to undo all this
update to the previous system snaphot (yum history undo #).
I've tried to reboot but the system hanged so I powered-off.

After that the system was unable to boot (Kernel panic it said relative
to a library (libgcc).

Rebooted with f14 and after investigation i found a broken link:
/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 ----> libcc_s_4.6.0-20110321.so.1
instead of
/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 -> libgcc_s-4.6.0-20110318.so.1

So, probably the abrupt action was the cause of this ?!

Thank you in advance
Luigi