GNOME Tweak Tool now ready for testing

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 25 15:56:05 UTC 2011

Hi Jon,

On 03/25/2011 04:29 PM, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:48:08 +0100
> Michel Alexandre Salim <salimma at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> For those wanting to more easily tweak their GNOME 3 desktop (e.g. font
>> adjustment), GNOME Tweak Tool should now be in your updates-testing.
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/gnome-tweak-tool-2.91.92-3.fc15
>
> I installed gnome-tweak-tool-2.91.92-3.fc16.noarch onto my rawhide system,
> but no joy:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/gnome-tweak-tool", line 19, in <module>
>     import gi
> ImportError: No module named gi
>
> Missing dependency, maybe?

It's provided by pygobject2, which on F-15 is pulled in by gnome-shell:

$ rpm -q --requires gnome-shell | grep pygobject2
pygobject2
$ rpm -q gnome-shell
gnome-shell-2.91.92-1.fc15.x86_64

I just checked Rawhide's gnome-shell and pygobject2, and pygobject2 does
contain gi, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Could you provide the versions of gnome-shell and pygobject2 you have
installed? And could you 'import gi' from a Python shell?

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
µblog:      http://identi.ca/hircus