F-15 logout

ergodic gmml at embarqmail.com
Sat Mar 26 19:57:05 UTC 2011

"Andre Robatino" <robatino at fedoraproject.org>

>>Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

>> Dear folks,
>>
>> I took the plunge to Gnome 3 and although I am playing around, I wish to add
some of the old functionality like
>> there was before, i.e, add a starting up script, in the old way one would open
gnome session and add the
>> program/script to run at bootup, now the same cannot be applied.
>>
>> I want to add GKrellM system monitor. ATM I use a terminal and type
>> $ gkrellm &
>> or run it from the applications(System ->> GKrellM), but I want to see if it
can run without me typing it in?

>But my impression from reading is that the developers decided that people should
be able to use suspend/hibernate to avoid ever having to log out. Of course this
fails to consider a few "corner cases" such as dual boot, kernel updates,
non-working suspend/hibernate, power outages without a UPS or that last longer
than the UPS's capacity, etc. If this impression is wrong, someone please
correct me - in the rare cases I've seen anyone else ask this question, they
never got an answer which suggests there currently isn't one.

It is available. At logout press <Alt> for additional selections.