Fedora 15 updates-testing report

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Mar 27 15:37:13 UTC 2011

[Regarding the tsclient package]

RS> Apparently this package has been marked dead.

But it doesn't look like anyone ever requested that it be blocked from
the distribution.  It's also not been orphaned.

The full process is at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

It looks like the package was marked dead back in September but the
process stopped there.  Unfortunately the person who made the commit to
remove the files and add the dead.package file isn't listed as one of
the maintainers of the package in pkgdb and is not a provenpackager so
I'm a bit confused.  That person's account is also marked inactive.

I've CC'd the current tsclient maintainers in the hope that someone will
know what should be done with this package.  I'm happy to finish out the
retirement procedure if someone tells me that the package really should
go away.

 - J<