systemd wiki page and FAQ

Ashwin Mansinghka linux.pundit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:42:18 UTC 2011

On 03/28/2011 04:20 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd
>
> Let me know if you have any unanswered end user questions on systemd
> left.   Also if you want to correct or add anything more, feel free to.

I would add the following in /etc/inittab to keep a modem configured in
a dial in state, and then change the line and execute "init q" through a
script to make the modem dial out in case of a pre defined event and
then restore back to dial in state, after the event gets over (e.g. snmp
trap events).

# Run mgetty
S1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -s 115200  ttyS1

Is it now possible to do something similar in systemd ?
If Yes, how to add/configure systemd files for new/own services or
daemon would help.

Would the command "init q" continue to work ? Is there any equivalent in
systemd ?

with Regards,
ASHWIN