GNOME Shell and FAQ

tim.lauridsen at gmail.com tim.lauridsen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:58:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Desktop_Beat  has a brief
> descriptions, references and a FAQ based on questions I see on the
> forums and other places.
>
> It will be part of the Fedora 15 release notes.   Let me know if you any
> end user questions not answered here.    Is there any other major
> changes in Fedora 15 that requires more documentation?  The one that I
> intend to add more info to the release notes is for biosdevname aka
> consistent network device naming.
>
> Rahul
> --

In the 'What about themes ?' section there is some issue.

Make a link to a git repo with a theme changer tool will not help the user
very much [1].
And a link to a mail there contains a link to an upstream bugzilla report
with patches against some upstream source git repo, is not very helpful too
[2].
The link to some blogs about gnome-shell themes are outdated, this is NOT
themes for lastest version of gnome-shell, but for the version currently in
F14 (2.31.x)
[3],[4] is themes there is for the current version of gnome shell.

[1] : https://github.com/sardemff7/GS-Theme-Selector
[2] :
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2011-March/msg00127.html
[3] : http://half-left.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3b52v3