Again sometimes logging out with the gnome-shell logout button lets my box hang

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Mar 29 07:43:08 UTC 2011

Some week(s ??) ago I had the problem that my desktop hanged up after
pressing "logout" on the right top gnome-shell menu. Some time later,
after having applied all updates, I got rid from that bug. But now after
some more days having applied all updates, it seems the bug returned.
When logging out, sometimes (about 20%) the desktop hangs so the only
recipe is to press my box's reset button (in that situation, no tty
available by CtrlAltFn).

Somebody sees this too?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>