How do I add startup programs in Gnome 3?

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 12:34:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 05:18:05AM -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> [...]

I'm using gnome-settings for starting gkrellm here. But looking at my ~/.config/autostart *directory*
I see:
$ ls ~/.config/autostart/
dropbox.desktop  gkrellm.desktop

And the contents of gkrellm.desktop are:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/usr/bin/gkrellm
Hidden=false
X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
Name[en_US]=gkrellm
Name=gkrellm
Comment[en_US]=system preformance monitoring
Comment=system preformance monitoring