[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Beta TC1 Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 16:46:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 04:56 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 13:12 +0530, Frederic Muller wrote:
> > > Live images are not ready yet, there's a problem composing them which
> > > we're currently looking into. We'll send out another announcement once
> > > they're done.
> > Hi!
> >
> > Are we supposed to simply upgrade rawhide, or should we make a fresh
> > install from the live image? What do you prefer and what is required?
>
> Biggest test is either doing a fresh install or trying an upgrade from
> F14 itself.
>
> Upgrading from rawhide or even F15 current isn't really helping and not
> sure supported.

Well, that's not exactly right. We don't expect everyone to be able to
reinstall all the time. To help with the formal validation testing
linked in the announcement mail you need to do a fresh install, but if
you just want to follow along with F15 development and catch bugs in
normal use, it's perfectly fine to just keep updating.