TC1

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Wed Mar 30 19:35:37 UTC 2011

Manual disk setup with basic video was nominal except that
I was unable to enter a static IP during install as the address
field went blank as soon as I entered an address.

Once installed, Gnome failed on login and logged me out
immediately.  XFCE did work but the icons in the upper
right were jumbled together.  This resolved after I installed
the Nvidia driver for my GT 460 SE.

Gnome was much happier running under Nvidia. I think
Gnome is working as intended, but it either half done
or on the wrong track based on what I see.  No wonder
OpenSuse and Ubuntu are looking for something else.
Maybe Gnome 4 will be more to peoples' liking.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com