f15 and fonts

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sun May 1 02:35:59 UTC 2011

On 04/30/2011 10:06 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/01/2011 06:23 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> Meanwhile, the gnome-font-properties or gnome-appearance
>> apps seem to have vanished from the face of f15, so I can't
>> play with any of the font setting I used to be able to
>> play with to influence the rendering.
>
> Use gnome-tweak-tool.

  okay good .. thank you.

 If you have suggestions for better defaults,
> that would be more constructive feedback than calling existing defaults
> horrible.

  1) Implicit in his post - as I read it - was please go back to f14
fonts - he didnt like the change as he saw it. Or perhaps their was
another problem which make his fonts appear 'thin'.

  2) since he states he found no way to change fonts, how could he test
and make an alternate font suggestion? Hmmm ...

  3) A suggestion for you RS - IMO - for example - It would be a lot
better to simply ask politely - 'do you know of different fonts that
might look better or do you think its a display issue or something else'
or something ... instead of accusing him of not being constructive ...

  Thanks ..