window borders

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sun May 1 17:40:04 UTC 2011

On Sun, 1 May 2011 18:32:18 +0200
drago01 wrote:

> > I think I figured out one of the things that subtly irritates me
> > in gnome 3 - the windows have no borders.
>
> Err... not true ... they do have borders. So not sure what you are
> talking about.

OK, after examination of screenshots with a magnifying glass, they
do apparently have 1 pixel wide borders, but they are dark borders
on a dark background - the next best thing to invisible.

Here's what I see when it sticks the control panel to the bottom
of the screen (imagine the bottom of the screen being a black
plastic bezel):

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/wisdom/fonts/border1.png

It is easy to imagine all sorts of missing stuff is actually
hidden off the screen (especially since so many things I'd
expect to be in a control panel aren't there - authentication,
firewall, system services, etc. :-).