Fedora 14 Re-spin?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Tue May 3 11:56:00 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 04:11 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> With all the Gnome 3 usability issues et al, perhaps it would be a
> good idea to release a re-spin of Fedora 14.

  Unlikely there will be official respin - never has been one yet - even
tho its very easy to do.

  Its easy to make your own using mock and pungi - the details have been
posted here a few times ...

  I do this all the time to make up to date ISO's to do installs from.

  Seems to me that gnome-3 is targeted at casual computer users so its
probably not ideal for me either.

  KDE may be worth a shot - problem is redhat has paid gnome devs but no
KDE devs so KDE gets less loving I'd imagine ... KDE manages a
remarkable job considering that they seem to have a lot fewer developer
resources than gnome does.

 PS - please dont post to the redhat mailling list
(fedora-test-list at redhat.com) its a dead list.

  gene/