groupinstall Window\ Managers

Bill Nottingham notting at
Tue May 3 14:22:26 UTC 2011

cornel panceac (cpanceac at said:
> sorry i was gone for a few days but, if this is normal, then what's the
> point of the group? i thought having groups is an easy way to install many
> related packages with one groupinstall command.

The problem is the usage case here - while there's a usage case of
installing every window manager, I think the more likely usage case is
browsing the available ones and selecting which one you want - that's how
that group is set up to work.

This is much like how most all of the games in the games group are marked
as optional packages.