GNOME shell broken after suspend and resume for driver r300_dri

Christoph Frieben christoph.frieben at googlemail.com
Thu May 5 07:42:02 UTC 2011

Can anybody report success for the suspend and resume cycle triggered
from within the GNOME shell when the graphics card is based on some
R300/R400 variant? In my case, the shell is still broken after resume.
The video device is some ATI Radeon X800 card which is using the R420
chip. Only a black desktop, a mouse pointer and the GNOME panel are
visible after resume. The desktop is not completely frozen since I am
still able to move the mouse pointer. It is also possible to switch to
a VT in order to reboot the system. Thanks, ~C
PS: The F15 development cycle is nearing completion, and in my
opinion, this is a major usability issue.