Firefox and Java Plugin on F15

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Thu May 5 17:29:06 UTC 2011

Before I go ahead and submit a BZ on this, has anyone else noticed that
the Java plugin is not listed in Firefox on F15? If you do
about:plugins, everything else you would expect to be there is. The Java
plugin is visibly absent.

I've even tried adding the latest Java (Update 25) from Sun/Oracle.
Everything works fine, except for the Java plugin itself.

So, I don't know why Firefox is missing this, but it clearly is not
allowing use of either Sun/Oracle or the OpenJDK plugins. I'll BZ if no
one else has noticed it. Otherwise, if there is an existing BZ that I've
missed, please let me know and I'll add comments there.

Cheers,

Chris

--

"Only two things are infinite,