Firefox and Java Plugin on F15

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu May 5 18:06:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 11:29:06AM -0600, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> Before I go ahead and submit a BZ on this, has anyone else noticed that
> the Java plugin is not listed in Firefox on F15? If you do
> about:plugins, everything else you would expect to be there is. The Java
> plugin is visibly absent.

I added Sun Java, following the steps in the mjmwired guide (using
alternatives to make sure it's using Sun.

Also ran the command (again from the mjmwired guide

/usr/sbin/alternatives --install
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so \
libjavaplugin.so.x86_64 /usr/java/default/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so 20000

(I think it pretty much echoes what's on the Fedora SOLVED wiki page.)

64 bit, if that makes a difference.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: I lost a friend tonight and I may lose more! The whole
world may be sucked into hell, and you want my help 'cause your
girlfriend's a big ho?! Let me take this opportunity to NOT care!