Fedora-15-i386-netinst.iso problems

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri May 6 13:29:19 UTC 2011

People,

On my Gateway LT30 netbook, I am still getting similar problems to the
one I got after the Beta XFCE Live CD version install to HD.  This time
I tried installing using the Fedora-15-i386-netinst.iso from a USB stick
doing:

1. a minimal system
and
2. a Graphical Desktop System

1. I was able to install the minimal system OK and then setup networking
and install:

- Xorg
- vesa driver
- fb driver

and groupinstall XFCE.

However I kept getting "/dev/fb0" does not exist errors (it does exist)
when trying to start X.

2. The Graphical Desktop version takes a lot longer to install (I think
there should be a "light" graphical install equivalent to the Live CD
version) but it eventually finishes however on rebooting I get:

Starting sm-client			[OK]
					[OK]
Mounting other filesystems: mount: devpts already mounted or /dev/pts busy
mount: sysfs already mounted or /sys busy
					[FAILED]
Starting PC-SC Smartcrd (pcscd)		[OK]
					[OK]
Reloading sendmail			[OK]
Reloading sm-client			[OK]

and then hangs again (very much like what I got after the Beta XFCE Live
CD version install to HD).

I want to try F15 on this machine (it currently runs F13) because F14
had a problem with a slow, sluggish mouse but I am not having much
success with F15 either so far . .

Regards,

Phil.
--