GNOME shell broken after suspend and resume for driver r300_dri

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 7 04:59:40 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 06:57 +0200, Christoph Frieben wrote:
> 2011/5/6 Adam Williamson:
> > Please just file a bug, it's not massively important right now whether
> > this affects similar chipsets or not; the important thing is that it
> > gets tracked as a bug. thanks!
> > --
> > Adam Williamson
>
> I had reported bug 643700 back in October 2010 for Fedora 14 ("black
> window when running glxgears after resume from suspend on ATI Radeon
> X800 SE") but it did not get further attention and nobody but you is
> on the CC list even though the hardware is mainstream, and I would
> expect many other Radeon users to be affected, too, making this a more
> global issue. That's why I was interested in obtaining feedback
> through the list. ~C

well, prior to f15, breaking 3D after suspend isn't massively important
- certainly ranks behind many other radeon bugs the maintainers would
have put first in priority. Of course, Shell changes that a bit. I'd
recommend you update the bug with the new info (it's still valid against
f15, and now the impact is worse because of Shell). thanks :)
http://www.happyassassin.net