GNOME shell broken after suspend and resume for driver r300_dri

Christoph Frieben christoph.frieben at googlemail.com
Sat May 7 07:59:45 UTC 2011

2011/5/7 Adam Williamson:
> well, prior to f15, breaking 3D after suspend isn't massively important
> - certainly ranks behind many other radeon bugs the maintainers would
> have put first in priority. Of course, Shell changes that a bit. I'd
> recommend you update the bug with the new info (it's still valid against
> f15, and now the impact is worse because of Shell). thanks :)

I had set the version tag to 15 earlier this year and posted a message
referring to its GNOME3 relevance,

    http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-February/148580.html .

In my opinion, this bug should at least be assigned importance nth if
not more. However, before doing so, it would be interesting to know
about the share of user affected by this issue. Thus, I urge all
Radeon users relying on the r300 Mesa driver to check whether they can
resume from suspend successfully to a fully working GNOME shell or
compiz. Relevant hardware are all Radeon video cards sporting R3xx or
R4xx chips. Thanks! ~C