GNOME Shell frippery for grumpy old stick-in-the-muds Fedora 15 64Bit

Leslie S Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 14:21:36 UTC 2011

Good morning Rahul and Ron

I appreciate moving the clock to the right.  Actually an excellent option.  With fall back, (graphics off)  I am not sure if I am the only one having this problem.

I see that you were able to activate System Tools.  This menu entry does not appear in the fallback mode.  It does appear in alacarte (Menu editor), along with a preferences menu. But there are many items in the preferences menu that are not available in Fallback mode.  In particular,   I did not find gnome screensaver preferences.  Does your patch fix this problem?

Here is one Problem I have been facing.  Favourite applications on the panel,  once  placed,  are unable to be removed. I have 2 copies of FreeCell (during System Updates, I play FreeCell) and I cannot remove either launcher from the panel.

Regards
 Leslie
 Mr. Leslie Satenstein
45 years in IT and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.