gnome-shell-flippery...

Rob Healey robhealey1 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 15:04:50 UTC 2011

Dear Ron:

I totally love the new Gnome 3 and its shell, but there are still some
things that I do like from Gnome 2...

I have downloaded your new gnome-shell-extensions and I love the new panel
bar, but I would rsather have the notification area to be in the bottom
right corner of the screen!

Great work, and thank you for making these available to everyone!  I would
also submit them upstream, so that I could have them and get them easier if
I ever dump my computer and start again!

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

I've written a few extensions to make the GNOME Shell user experience a
bit more like that of GNOME 2.

  Move the clock towards the right of the panel;

  Place launchers for favourite applications on the panel;

  Replace the Activities button with an Applications menu;

  Disable dynamic workspaces.

Some notes and a tar file can be found here:

  http://intgat.tigress.co.uk/rmy/extensions/index.html

Ron

--
Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

"Always surround yourself with people that inspire you to
greatness!"