GNOME Shell frippery for grumpy old stick-in-the-muds Fedora 15 64Bit

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 9 22:34:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-08 at 07:21 -0700, Leslie S Satenstein wrote:
> I see that you were able to activate System Tools.  This menu entry
> does not appear in the fallback mode.  It does appear in alacarte
> (Menu editor), along with a preferences menu. But there are many items
> in the preferences menu that are not available in Fallback mode.  In
> particular,   I did not find gnome screensaver preferences.  Does your
> patch fix this problem?

Anything that's part of GNOME Control Center does not appear in the
menus, by design; you can launch the control center (System Settings)
from the user menu (your name, at top right). In Shell you can find bits
of the control center from the overview search box too, but obviously
that doesn't exist in fallback mode.