Assistace to build gimp-2.7.2

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 03:45:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Luya Tshimbalanga
> <luya at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Can anyone check the spec file of gimp? I intend to package Gimp 2.7.2 from my
>> fedorapeople repo which is used by some fedora based distributions. For some
>> reason, it will not properly build with koji.
>
> Here's what I've found in a very quick check using mock to build a F15
> x86_64 package so I may have missed something...
>
> While trying to create the debuginfo package it fails on the last three files:
> cpio: gimp-2.7.2/plug-ins/imagemap/<stdout>: Cannot stat: No such file
> or directory
> cpio: gimp-2.7.2/plug-ins/imagemap/y.tab.c: Cannot stat: No such file
> or directory
> cpio: gimp-2.7.2/plug-ins/imagemap/y.tab.h: Cannot stat: No such file
> or directory

I'm guessing these can be ignored, they seem to be output from the
debuginfo shell script and I don't see anything in the spec causing
this, but then again I'm a pretty new packager :)

> Then a little later I saw:
> + /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
> + /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-compress
> + /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip-static-archive /usr/bin/strip
> + /usr/lib/rpm/brp-python-bytecompile /usr/bin/python 1
> + /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-python-hardlink
> + /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-java-repack-jars
> Processing files: gimp-2.7.2-1.fc15.x86_64
> error: File not found:
> /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/gimp-2.7.2-1.fc15.x86_64/etc/gimp/2.0/ps-menurc
>
> Perhaps some files either moved or are no longer part of the source?

I could not find this file anywhere in BUILD or BUILDROOT so I'm
guessing it's gone. Not sure if it's needed. To get by this error
comment out line 400 of the spec file.

Another issue, a macro "minorver". I think it would be better to
figure out how to pull this from the source rather than statically set
it but it's currently set to 701 on line number 39 and needs to be
incremented to 702, i.e.:

%define minorver 702

I'm building again but will probably go to bed before it finishes so
I'll see if it completed or not in the morning.

Richard