F15 TC1 dvd (from usb) installer failing : no network available

Pratyush Sahay pratyush.a.sahay at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:22:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 7:32 PM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-05-08 at 12:26 +0530, Pratyush Sahay wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Tried installing F15 TC1 from a USB DVD media, created using UNetBootin
> from
> > F15-i386-dvd.iso image.
> > The installer exits after the "Boot Loader OS list" step, the error being
> > shown :
> >
> > No Network Available.. some of the software repos require networking, but
> > there
> > was an error enabling the network on your system
> >
> > Am behind our insti's ntlm proxy, so even pluging-in the ethernet cable
> > didnt help..
> > Screenshot link :
> > http://goo.gl/DlwgA
>
> Have you tried configuring your proxy information during installation?
>
> This can be done using a boot argument [1], or by manually entering the
> required information when booting with 'askmethod' [2].
>
> Thanks,
> James

i tried this way, but it still says "network not found"..I dont know whether
its the NTLM, or the proxy settings in our insti, entries such as :
proxy=[protocol://][username[:password]@]host[:port] just dont work..
yum, wget , etc.. all need something like cntlm [1] to be running in the
background.

[1] http://cntlm.sourceforge.net/

--
Regards,