F15b X fail on Thinkpad T410/i915 (_DSM problem?)

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Tue May 10 09:24:56 UTC 2011

On 05/09/2011 11:47 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> It occurs to me that the message may be a red herring; neither of the

It definitely is - confirmed this last night with the i686/x86_64 Live CDs -
both of which run perfectly. So either there is something borked on this install
or it's been broken by a post-beta update (I had updates from a local mirror
enabled during the install as this had been working great for me on other
machines so far).

> bug reports seems to suggest that the lack of these objects causes (or
> should cause) your babies to get eaten. Can you look through the
> boilerplate at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Xorg_problems
> and see if any of that helps you get more informative / detailed logs?

Thanks - I'm usually OK at basic troubleshooting for X but I was puzzled here as
I couldn't even get a basic VESA display up (without the intel driver
complaining it was about to catch fire..).

I'll poke this some more and report back.

Cheers,
Bryn.