sceeching sound when playing music files

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at
Tue May 10 12:16:35 UTC 2011

--- On Mon, 5/9/11, Pratyush Sahay <pratyush.a.sahay at> wrote:

From: Pratyush Sahay <pratyush.a.sahay at>
Subject: Re: sceeching sound when playing music files
To: "For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases" <test at>
Date: Monday, May 9, 2011, 7:35 PM

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at> wrote:

No clue on the original screeching MP3 issue though.

 Observed the screeching sound on my system, running updated F15. used abrt, and it generated a new bug. the link is below:

Thank you Pratyush for discovering this issue.  I was trying to see if the *mp3s* were causing this :(, but they played correctly in Fedora 14/Fedora 13 and in Windows.  So I was scratching my head with this one.

Hope that the program(s) that causes this is bugzapped :)