shell is gone?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue May 10 18:02:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 12:49 -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:27, John Morris <jmorris at beau.org> wrote:
> > Jeeze people, just how much 3d grunt do you really need for a fricking
> > desktop?
>
> Mutter performs the same as or better than Compiz on the same hardware
> so your assertion is invalid.

well, we blacklisted r100 and r200, according to Owen, on the basis that
they don't perform well enough to give a good Shell experience, so
someone is wrong somewhere. =) Per Owen, in thread 'can I get
confirmation that r100 and r200 will not work with gnome shell?', "It's
not really a question of features, but these cards just don't have
enough power to give a decent experience with GNOME Shell"