kernel 2.6.39 around the corner will it make Fedora 15?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 22:48:29 UTC 2011

Dear fellow testers,

I see that recently kernel 2.6.38.6 has been released and a rc7 has been released for 2.6.39.  It is getting close to being released, if it comes out, will it go into Fedora 15 or will Fedora 15 continue with 2.6.38.X kernels?

I ask since Fedora 14 has 2.6.35.X and has not moved further except the releases of that branch.

Is there any documentation as to if a new kernel is released, will it be pushed out to one of Fedora stable branches.

Thanks for any input in this matter.  I have a gut feeling, but going by gut feelings is not good :(

Regards,

Antonio