kernel 2.6.39 around the corner will it make Fedora 15?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Thu May 12 00:26:13 UTC 2011

On 05/11/2011 06:48 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear fellow testers,
>
> I see that recently kernel 2.6.38.6 has been released and a rc7 has been released for 2.6.39.  It is getting close to being released, if it comes out, will it go into Fedora 15 or will Fedora 15 continue with 2.6.38.X kernels?
>
> I ask since Fedora 14 has 2.6.35.X and has not moved further except the releases of that branch.

 Look in koji and search for kernel

  http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8

 As of now - 2.6.39 rc7 is being built for f16 and 2.6.38.6 for f15.

 You can easily download the src rpms and build them on f14 (details how
to do it were posted within the last several weeks. Often the binaries
just work too - but if you use things like virtualbox you may need to
recompile due the newer gcc in f15 and f16.

  I've been building newer kernels for F14 and the arrival of auto sched
in 2.6.38.x has been beyond amazing ... its def worth having. And its
pretty easy to do.