[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Final Release Candidate 1 (RC1) Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 12 20:17:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 12:25 -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> The instructions for finding live cds are pretty confusing.
>
> In https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Branched it says:
>
> Download a daily Live image (.iso) from
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/
>
> If I go to http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/
> the only relevant clickable links seems the "Task info" in the "Links"
> column.
> Which is pretty useless to someone just looking for an iso ...
>
> Ah well, I'll just download the full 3.4 GB image.  I haven't tried
> one of those in a while!

It used to be more 'direct', because the nightlies were sorta hand-built
with lots of scripts and stuff, but now they get built by Koji, which is
faster and more reliable and more similar to how actual release live
images get spun, but makes the download path a bit more indirect. Just
click on Task info and then click on the .iso you see on the resulting
page, under 'Output'.