RC2 hangs trying to boot

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Fri May 13 16:09:34 UTC 2011

I get the grub flash screen centered on the display
(looks like 800 pixels wide out of 1920 wide native resolution).
I can enter grub commands etc fine.  When I boot I get

Trying to allocate 941 pages from VMLINUZ2
[Linux-EFI, setup=0x101e, size=0x3ac3101]
   [Initrd, addr=0x79ce2000, size=0x5e1a6e0]

and then it hangs.

Same problem using both the full DVD (burned to a DVD) and
a Live CD (nightly from a few days ago, on a USB stick).

My grub-fu is pretty limited, but if someone has suggestions
they would be appreciated.

This is on a semi-new Sandy Bridge laptop.  I successfully ran
pre-F15 for a couple of weeks until the SSD died.  I got a
replacement SSD (under warranty), and successfully installed
Windows 7, and am now trying to install Fedora.

(It is possible there may be other hardware issues - ejecting a
CD is difficult, and Windows complains about errors trying to
eject.  However, I am able to boot the i386 live Alpha, from
a DVD.)
--
	--Per Bothner