How do we add Input Method Selector after a fresh install?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 13 16:27:33 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 12:18:56AM +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> IMS doesn't appear in System settings (under personal) and after playing
> with "Region and Language" I didn't get any success neither.
>
> So how does one enable another IME?

The command is usually ibus-setup.

I only call it when I need it, and don't use Gnome, but at any rate, to
start the ibus daemon, which is what is usually used for other
languages, the ibus-setup should work.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: I'm sorry, it's just been a really weird day.
Xander: Yeah, Buffy died and everything.
Willow: Wow, harsh.