Building iso using mock/pungi but replace one rpm - how?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri May 13 17:04:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 17:40 +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 4:58 PM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I use the compose_tree.sh script included in AutoQA...
> >
> > $ git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/autoqa.git
> > $ autoqa/tests/compose_tree/compose_tree.sh -a x86_64 -r fedora-15 -e
> > lorax-0.4.5-1.fc15
> >
> > This test pulls down provided updates and uses and includes then to
> > build a boot.iso (or DVD).
>
> Thanks James - by the way I was poking around for packages and found
> isomaster (can be yum installed) - I guess that would do it too?

I've never used that, I imagine that is helpful for a graphical way to
add/edit files on an ISO ... and emit a new ISO.  In the case of
installation media, you can add packages to the ISO, but you also need
to modify the yum repodata as well.  Also, in the case of lorax or
pungi, you need to rebuild the ISO media using those utilities.  I don't
think something like isomaster would help there.

Thanks,
James